Science

Discovery through Inquiry.

science1

science 2

science 3

Hypothesis vs. Prediction

11 thoughts on “Science

1. Dear Class,
    I was taking a look at my Newton’s Cradle and I was thinking how does this connect to Sir Issac Newton. Well, I,ve come to the conclusion that it is connected to Newton through his 3rd law of motion. The 3rd law of motion is that every action has an equal/opposite reaction. On the Newton’s cradle when one ball hits the rest it it followed with an equal action. This cradle proves that it is an equal and opposite reaction. It’s equal because it’s followed by the same action, but it’s also opposite because it’s on the opposite side of the cradle. This was my take on how Newton is connected to the Newton’s cradle. I would like to hear your opinion on why Newton is connected to the Newton’s cradle. Or, if you have any valuable information to build off my idea please share that as well.

Sincerely,
    Jacob Gabel

2. Dear Justin,
    The video you linked was very helpful. In the video it talked about the core on the earth and how it is made out of lava. I didn’t even know that the core is made out of lave. Also I learned that their is three layers before the core. I would suggest to read these books The Rock Cycle,The Hidden Life of Rocks, Weather and the water cycles and Discovering the Elements. In the book The Rock Cycle I learned that the hardest mineral is a diamond. When a mineral has hardness it can’t be scratched.
    Sincerely,
    Elizabeth

3. Dear Mr. Miller,

Earlier this year, I found a question: “Can abiotic and biotic factors change?” Now I believe I have the answer to this question. I used to think that those factors couldn’t change, because if something dies but it was alive, it’s still biotic. However, the other day, while I was sitting by my fire pit, I noticed the wood (biotic) changing into charcoal, which is a mineral (abiotic). Now that I saw this, I know that abiotic and biotic factors can change.

Sincerely,
    Sam

4. Dear solar system group,

On Thursday I was reading pay 562 of the Science Fusion textbook and read that stars are formed by gravity causing gas and dust particles in space to pull together. I feel that might be the way thy the sun formed durning the ” Big Bang Theory”.

Sincerely, Darien

1. Dear Darien,
      I was watching a brainpop video about the solar system, and it also mentioned something about particles forming and pulling together.
      Sincerely,
      Sam

5. Dear Mr. Miller,

Density is the mass or volume of something. So if something is more dense it weighs more or less.
    Sincerely, Darien

1. Dear Darien,

Thank you for the response. However, I would need you to explain the idea of volume. For instance, how does one determine the volume of an object ?

Your post structure has improved; one final editing matter would be to place your name under your closing.

Sincerely,
      Mr. Miller

6. Dear solar system group,

I found somting very intriguing on page 546 of the science textbook. It states that Saturn would float because of it’s density is less than water. Also that earth would sink because its density is more than water.

1. Dear Darien,

Your facts are quite interesting. Can you explain what it means to be less or more dense ? In addition, make certain you include a closing in your post.

Sincerely,
      Mr. Miller