12 thoughts on “Atoms

1. Dear Mr.Miller,
    Once you left Maryann and I with the task of understanding the parts of a microscope; I was wondering, is there specific parts we have to know and understand or is it, we have to know all the parts?

2. Dear Peers ,

Today I learned where the name atom comes from and what it means (from the document “An Atom Apart”).The word atom came from Ancient Greece , the word is A’ tomos . Atom means “Cannot be divided further”. I think this piece of information is important because this information can be added into our interactive notebook page and can help us grow as a learner .

Sincerely ,
    Issac Varghese

3. Dear Peers,

I learned that power words are words that you can only use in one subject. For example the word ”Chemiluminescence ” . You can’t use that word in different subjects such as Social Studies. If you did it wouldn’t make sense .But if you use the word “problem” you can use it in many subjects such as history ,math ,science and writing. That makes “problem” a mileage word .

Sincerely,
    Issac Varghese

4. Dear Mr. Miller and Peers,
    I would just like to make sure that I am correct. The partacals that atoms are made out of are atomic particals, correct?
    Sincerely,
    Anthony Jean-Baptiste

5. Dear Mr. Miller,
    On the page about atoms there is a site on the history of microscopes. Are there any videos about microscopes?
    Sincerely,
    Anthony Jean-Baptiste

6. Dear Mr. Miller and peers,
    In the What is a Flame video it shows the Oxygen hitting off the wax. What if there is no wax, and you are using a lighter or a book of matches. What would the Oxygen hit off of?
    Sincerely,
    Anthony Jean-Baptiste

7. Dear Mr. Miller,
    I founded the flame video on your website.I learned that flames are made with three types of atoms.Carbon,Hydrogen,and Oxygen.I also learned that chemiluminescence is when atoms shine light when they rearrange.
    sincerely,
    olina

1. Dear Olina,
      I noticed that you used the wrong grammar in the first sentence. You said founded not found.

Sincerely,
      Makayla Amatuegwu

8. Dear Isabelle,
    Thank you very much for the flames video I watched it and now i understand what a flame is I knew what a flame was but i didn’t understand why it really was called a flame or why it had an existence in our life in our world, so thank you………………..again

Sincerely,
    Laina Ryan : >

9. Dear Mr.Miller I have a question about the atoms page could you maybe put a game on there for your class and I can study or if you put an atoms game on there kids my have a easier time studying atoms thanks for listen to my thought.

Sincerely,
    Laina Ryan : )

10. Dear peers,

I found the flame video and it’s really interesting. It talks about many interesting things so suggest you watch it.

Sincerely,
    Isabelle Baginski