14 thoughts on “The American Revolution

1. Dear Mr.Miller,

The shot heared around the world is a metaphore because a metaphore is comparing something to something to something else.

Sincerely,
    Josiah W.

2. Dear MR.miller,

The shot heared around the world is a metephore because people did not really hear a shot around
    the world.

Sincerely,
    Josiah W.

1. Dear Josiah,

What is a metaphor and how is the phrase connected to the definition? My compliments to you delving deeper into your understanding of this event in history.

Sincerely,
      Mr. Miller

2. Dear, Josiah

I would agree with you because the shot was not actually heard around the world and the shot changed the course of history.

Sincerely,
      Ioshua

3. Dear peers,
    The shot heard around the world took place in Lexiton and Concord. Two people heard about this attack and warned all the citizens of Boston by saying ” the British are coming “. All the Minutemen were prepared for this attack. At the end of the battle the British lost 273 of their soldiers, As stated on the document we revived in class it said at the end of the attack Britain lost half of their soldiers so that would mean they had around 500 to 600 soldiers. At the end of the battle for America they lost 95 soldiers. As found in the document we received it said American lost one quarter of their soldiers so they had around 400 to 500 soldiers.
    Sincerely,
    Elizabeth

4. Dear peers,
    I Believe Samuel Lorenzo’s comment is valuable. His comments states that he will keep a chart of the American Revolution. So
    he will take an index card and write down one valuable or intriguing thing about the revolution each day. Also I will try to take it above and beyond and re-create his suggestion.I hope this comment is valuable.

Sincerely,
    Makayla Amatuegwu

5. Dear Mr. Miller,
    In the Shot Heard Round The World video, I believe there is a mistake. It shows that the Americans and British had a battle at Bunker Hill, but we know that the battle was at Breed’s Hill. Kernel Prescott said “Hold your fire ’till you see the whites in their eyes!” In a book I was reading on Raz Kids, it stated that the strategy worked, but the Americans had to retreat because they ran out of gunpowder and ammunition, and in the document you supplied us with, it stated that the British took Breed’s Hill, the hill they battled on, and they also took Bunker Hill. Answering the question you asked me the other day, The stereotypic Battle of Bunker Hill was the first full-scale battle of the American Revolution, so it came before the Battle of Saratoga. Therefore, the French could not have helped the Americans in the Battle of Bunker Hill. The French only joined after the Battle of Saratoga, that proved to them that the Americans were capable of winning battles by themselves. Ben Franklin, along with Marquis De Lafayette helped with the persuasion and with the supply of military forces.
    Sincerely,
    Sam

1. Dear Mr. Miller,
      In my last comment I forgot to state that Kernel Prescott said “Hold your fire ’till you see the whites in their eyes!” at Breed’s Hill, not Bunker Hill.
      Sincerely,
      Sam

6. Dear Class,
    While I was at home the other day, I had an idea.
    I decided to make a “Daily Revolution” chart. Every day, I write an index card about anything intriguing from the American Revolution. For example yesterday I did a pie chart about patriot population. It is almost like “Today in History”. I encourage you all to do projects like this to deepen your understanding and knowledge of the American Revolution.
    Sincerely,
    Sam

1. Dear Samuel,
      Yes, I believe the last minuteman was young. In the American Revolution the continental army needed all the soldiers they could get, so men and boys were hired to fight against the British.
      Sincerely,
      Sam

7. Dear Mr.Miller,

I have a idea on a writing piece we can do for social studies.Since we are learning about The American Revolution and how Parliament taxed the Colonists maybe it can be a writing piece where there are two sides a colonists and parliament,and the class can choose what side they want to be apart of and why.So I hope you can make room to do that one day.

Sincerely,
    Isabelle Baginski

8. Dear Class,

Since we are learning about The American Revolution in class I would like to share my thoughts on England taxing the colonists.In my opinion I think King George III had every right to tax the colonists it was there fault The French and Indian war started so they should be punished,and not tar and feather the tax collectors.But,to be fair King George III did get a little out of hand with the taxing.I agreed with the Stamp act the Sugar act and the Currency act,because it is very confusing having so many types of currency in the colonies.Also with the Sugar act it is a great way to acquire money for England same with the Stamp act.But the act I don’t agree with is the Quartering act the colonists should have the right to decide if they want to take care of the soldiers,and if no one wanted to take care of them why couldn’t they make a building where all the soldiers stay and they get their money from a percentage of taxing Sugar or Stamps.
    So that is my opinion on how England taxed the colonists and I ask you to post your opinions on our blog.

Sincerely,
    Isabelle Baginski

1. Dear Isabelle,
      I concur with your comment, but make sure that when you write you use punctuation and capitalization. For example, in one of your comments, you wrote Parliament with a capital p, then with a lowercase p. Also, you used the wrong spelling of the homophone “their or their”.
      Sincerely,
      Sam