The Writing Feedback Center

The space is designed to provide you an opportunity to post paragraphs and receive actionable feedback from facilitators and peers.

3 thoughts on “The Writing Feedback Center

1. Dear Mr. Miller, Mrs. Halloran and fellow peers,

“I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.” – Jack London

When I think of Jack London’s quote, I can feel his want to explore the undiscovered, and I believe everyone should strive to learn more. When Jack London was expressing that he “would rather be a superb meteor” I think it meant how he wanted to go further than ever before, finding endless journeys throughout his life, and how he didn’t want to waste any valuable time that can be spent on understanding something new. To add on, I think that when Jack London was saying “every atom of him in magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent plant” it shows every part of him has a shine, a bright thought, than someone or something that doesn’t try to reach for the stars or try everything in their capability to achieve the highest of all.

Sincerely,
    Emily Varghese

1. Emily,

Thanks for posting, if you choose to post on this space it will be for feedback regarding writing style. As such, my advice to enhance your thoughtful post would be to avoid ending the post with “of all.” In addition, I would attempt to utilize an improved word for “think.”

All the Best,
      Mr. Miller

1. Dear Emily,
        Welcome to the “Writing Feedback Center!” It is a pleasure reading your thoughts this evening and hearing from you. I’m hopeful my reply finds you and your family well. I have to agree with you that the desire for an individual to shine and reach for the stars is evident in the symbolism of this quote. Building off of the feedback Mr. Miller provided, I suggest you creatively think of a way to build the quote into your paragraph, rather than having it separate from your writing.
        Take care,
        Mrs. Halloran