14 thoughts on “Literacy Block

1. Dear peers,
    I would recommend to read the book China. The book talks About the history of China and traditions China does. The first emperor Qui shi huangdi was the first to start the Great Wall of China but it was mostly built by slaves. The wall is more than 6,437 kilometers long. Also China was the first people to use paper, ink, writing, silk cloth, printing, kites, porcelain, gunpowder, and the compass. The one thing about China it is very popular and their is many factories so the factories pollute the air.
    Sincerely,
    Elizabeth

2. Dear peers in Mr.Miller’s reading class,

For RAZ-kids, if you are in section Z, then I highly recommend the biography on Abraham Lincoln. This book is recommended, because you can learn a lot about this president, if you don’t know a lot about President Lincoln then I really hope you choose this book to read.

Sincerely,
    Sophia Salamone

3. Dear Jenk Nouri,
    Since you said that RAZ kids ( RAZ-kids.com ) is not working I suggest that you get the RAZ kids app.
    Sincerely,
    Devin Andrade

4. Dear Peers,
    I just wanted to say that RAZ kids isn’t working right now.The website (raz-kids.com) is under maintenance.
    Sincerely,
    Jenk Nouri

5. Dear,peers
    I just wanted to say that I hope everyone in Mr.Miller’s literacy block likes the class blog and will write on the blog at least once a week

Sincerely, your classmate Brianna

1. Dear Brianna,
      I noticed that you had a mistake in your writing.When you wrote “Dear peers,” you wrote the comma after dear. The comma should be after “Dear Peers,”.
      Sincerely,
      Olina Zheng

6. Dear Mr. Miller,
    I was wondering, am I allowed to read Esperanza Rising for my 30 minutes of independent reading? I am really looking forward to finding out what happens next.
    Sincerely,
    Sam

7. Dear Literacy Block class,
    I was reading on Raz- Kids and I acknowledged a book about the Dust Bowl. I than recalled in Esperanza Rising us reading about Esperanza saying the Dust Bowl effected her life. I found that the Dust Bowl was a time when there was very soil. This could effected Esperanza and her family by the fact that they live on a farm and sell grapes for most of there living.

8. Dear Mr. Miller,
    The other day when I went to the library I checked out Esperanza Rising. I am looking forward to reading it.
    Sincerely,
    Samuel Lorenzo

9. Dear Mr. Miller,
    When we work on contractions and possessive in class, can we work a little bit on fact and opinion? I am having difficulty.
    Sincerely,
    Samuel Lorenzo

10. Dear Mr. Miller,
    Sorry, I forgot to put a period after my sentence and I spelled thank wrong.
    Sincerely,
    Samuel Lorenzo

11. Dear Mr. Miller,
    What is the username for raz-kids? I taped mine into my planner and left it at school Please reply. Tnank you.
    Sincerely,
    Samuel Lorenzo