11 thoughts on “The War of 1812

1. Dear Mr.Miller
    I was looking at the comments and saw that King George the third was in power at Great Britain during the war of 1812 ,but why was his son in power? This may be a question that requires research. I’ll get back to you with answer soon.

Sincerely,
    Makayla Amatuegwu

2. Dear Peers,

I would like to share a piece of information about The War of 1811. I believe that the main cause of the war was impressment. So if you concur with me I will enjoy seeing your ideas on the blog.

Sincerely,
    Isabelle Baginski

3. Dear Mr.Miller and Peers,
    I learned a lot about The War Of 1812.I want to share some fact that I learned first the war actually ended on December,24 1814.In that time news travels really slow finally the British know the war ended.But the British send the ships to attack New Orleans.The Americans won The War Of New Orleans after the war ended.
    Sincerely,
    JunKai

4. Dear Mr.Miller and classmates,
    As I had done in the Lewis and Clark video, I had wrote down some notes about the War of 1812 and some interesting facts that I found in the video. I wrote ten facts down but will only share with you the best three with you. The first fact I believe will be helpful for you and helpful in the quiz is : The War of 1812 had lasted June 1812~January 1815. The next fact I wrote down was: in 1814 Napoleon had been overthrown, I believe that is helpful because this connects to the Louisiana Purchase and Napoleon trying to accomplish the goal of acquiring Santa Domingo. The final fact is: President Madison felt that America had to defend its trading rights to acquire international respect. Thank you for spending the time reading my thought on this video and hopefully it is helpful to you!
    Sincerely,
    Gianna Sacco
    P.S. Sorry for the long comments!

5. Dear Mr.Miller,

The video on the War Of 1812 really helped me understand more about why the war still went on after it ended. I remember that in the video, Napoleon was no longer Emperor after the war. How was he overthrown? If you know,please let me know.

Sincerely,
    Julianna Tapler

6. Dear peers and Mr.Miller,
    I learned a lot of things from this video.I learned that France and Britain restricted American trade.Also, it really ended in December 1814 but they didn’t have cell phones so it took a long time to get the news that the war was officially over.

Sincerely,
    Ben Katz

7. Dear Class,
    I believe that this this video is very intriguing. I learned several new facts and also viewed an explanation as to why the Battle of New Orleans was won in 1846, after the war ended. I will also use this video as a future resource.

Sincerely,
    Sam

1. Dear Peers,

In my comment Gianna noticed that I made a mistake. I wrote this this when I was supposed to write this. Sorry for so many mistakes in my latest comments.

Sincerely,
      Sam

8. Dear Mr.Miller,

I would like to thank you for the interesting fact on King George III’s son and for the $2,000.

Sincerely,
    Isabelle Baginski

9. Dear Mr.Miller,

I asked a question in school about King George III. I asked if he was still the king of England around the time of The war of 1812,and you said to look up the answer.So I went online and found that King George III became king in 1760,and he was king for 59 years. That means that he gave up his crown in 1819,4 years after the war ended.So I would like to hear if you agree with me.

Sincerely,
    Isabelle Baginski

1. Dear Isabelle,

Isn’t it rewarding to uncover the information through diligent research ?

Being more specific, while King George III possessed the crown, it was his eldest son who took on most of the responsibility for the War of 1812.

Good job with your research;add $2,000 to your account.