30 thoughts on “Economics

1. Dear Matthew,

I am glad to know you are eager to engage in this wonderful learning opportunity.

Sincerely,
      Mr. Miller

1. Dear Sophia,
    I would just like to advise you that I just purchased the company Nike. In addition, we are currently ranked 103 out of 122. I am about to purchase Pepsi so that should maybe rank us up a little bit more.
    Sincerely,
    Nick Barbieri

2. Dear Mr. Miller,

I have completed my rationale and math for the company of Nike. (I will show you the math tomorrow)

Math: Nike
    N.Y.S.E.
    (P.P.S.) $65.15
    Yes 0.16 cents
    (Industry) Textile
    100 shares
    (P.P.) $6,515
    (C.F.) $195.45
    (T.P.P.) $6,710.45

Rationale :

Nike provides various clothing articles and plenty of other goods to assist you with all sport based necessities. This company is the one of many companies that I will invest in. With the price per share of $65.15, I will be buying 100 shares with the purchase price of $6,515. Nike’s consistent economic growth has influenced my decision to add it to my portfolio. This company is doing so well it has a dividend of 16 cents. The commission fee shows how much money you would pay your broker or salesperson. My commission fee of Nike is $195.45. For my total purchase price, it comes to $6,710.45. The low cost shows another idea as to why I would invest in an amazing company such as Nike. To summarize this rationale, these stated ideas support Nike as my next company in the Stock Market Game.

3. Dear Mr. Miller,
    I finished the math for Ma Donalds.
    MacDonalds (MCD)
    N.Y.S.E
    $120.03 price per share
    Dividend: Yes .89
    Industry- MacDonalds would be under the food and beverages industry.
    115 shares
    Purchase Price: $13,803.45
    Commission Fee:$414.10
    T.P.P $14,217.55

1. Dear Olina,

You can make the purchase. Simply make certain to complete your rationale by Monday afternoon. In addition, please ensure you have the correct spelling of your company’s name.

Sincerely,
      Mr.Miller

4. Dear Mr. Miller,

I have written a rationale as to why I believe that I should be able to join the Stock Market Game, with this distinct exchange.

There is a process you would have to go through to invest in any company. I have chosen to invest in the company of Disney. I would buying 100 shares, with the price per share of $89.36. I chose to invest in this company because of the low cost of the price per share and that it is in the exchange of N.Y.S.E. It seems as though this company is doing well because of the price per share rarely going down and from no one selling out but only buying in. If I am able to invest now, it would allow me to obtain a better understanding of how the stock market operates. There are many companies to chose from but I know that Disney would be the right company for me.

Sincerely,
    Sophia Salamone

5. Dear Mr.Miller,

This is my rationale for Under Armour.

Under Armour is essential to buy into as a public company because of numerous ideas. The first important aspect for this association would be their quality products. Their merchandise sells at a decent price and doesn’t break to often. Second, Under Armour grows in their business very quickly. Their business continues to grow so as a result, their price per share and quality ascends. Finally, this company stays growing fast, not just flourishing for a period of time. All of these elements helped me decide on choosing Under Armour to buy into. Evidently, this business will be a good investment.

Sincerely,
    Justin Schlendorf

6. Dear Mr. Miller,,
    I found out the answer to what the commission price is for my company, but first I will show you the structure.

Company Name: Foot Locker
    Exchange: NYSE
    Price Per Share:$68.18
    Dividends: Yes ($0.25)
    Sentence that indicates my industry: Foot Locker would be under the footwear industry.
    How many shares am I purchasing?: 4
    Purchase Price: $272.72
    Commission Price: $8.18
    Total Purchase Price With A Commission Of %3: $280.72

Sincerely,
    Nick Barbieri

P.S. I will show you the math I did on Monday

7. Dear Mr. Miller,
    Will there be a quiz to get into the stock market game tomorrow?
    Sincerely,
    Anthony Jean-Baptiste

8. Dear Peers in the Stock Market,
    I have found a very interesting page were you can watch company stock sales. Scroll up to the point were you are at the bull picture, from there it will say N.A.S.D.A.Q. Press it after that it will take you to page shows you stock companies. For example: Apple, Facebook (e.t.c). I was just there and I thought it was very interesting and I hope you feel the same way.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony Jean-Baptiste

1. Dear Anthony Jean-Baptiste,
      That was really interesting that it showed us some company stock sales. I found it interesting that some were about $100 and some were even $4! Thank you for sharing that on the blog.
      Sincerely,
      Nick Barbieri

9. Dear Mr. Miller,
    I went on the economics page and it was really interesting. At first I didn’t know about it but when I read the comments and it gave me some understanding of the stock market. I am really excited about the stock market game and about economics.
    Sincerely,
    Olina Zheng

10. Dear Mr. Miller,

For the Stock Market Game, I have decided to invest in American Airlines. So, my rationale is:
    If you have been on an airplane to somewhere in the United States, you have probably been on a plane owned by American Airlines. Over the last few days, American Airlines has been going up. Also, many people go to and from places in the United States. People use it a lot (frequently), so it is going up, and if it is going up, I should invest in it.
    I have not done the math yet, because I wanted to get this approved first.

Sincerely,
    Samuel Lorenzo

1. Dear Sam,

In your second sentence, you suggest that American Airlines has been going up. Don’t all airplanes ascend ? (You might want to speak specifically to the price of the stock and describe its value.)

Sincerely,
      Mr. Miller

1. Dear Mr. Miller,

I have decided to wait for a time when American Airlines is increasing in value to change this. I have decided to change my rationale to:
        If you have been on an airplane to somewhere in the United States, you have probably been on a plane owned by American Airlines. Over the last few days, American Airlines has been going up. Also, many people go to and from places in the United States. People use it a lot (frequently), so it is increasing in value, and if it is increasing in value, I should invest in it.

Sincerely,
        Sam

11. Dear Mr.Miller,

After rereading my response I noticed that instead stating “an answer” I stated “a answer” so I apologize for making that mistake.

Sincerely,
    Isabelle Baginski

12. Dear Sean,

I saw your comment on the blog and it made me wonder the same thing, and the funny thing is I took a picture with the bull and I didn’t know what it exactly meant. So I went online and researched and I found a answer to your question. The reason why they made the bull is because, when the stock market crashed someone decided to make a sculpture to show how we later came back up and how strong the American people were.So I hope you found my comment useful.

Sincerely,
    Isabelle Baginski

13. Dear Mr. Miller,
    I acknowledged on the stock market page it has a picture of a bull. Does this represent a bullish market? If so, you should put a picture of a bear to represent a bearish market.
    Sincerely,
    Sean

14. Dear Mr.Miller,

I went to the New York Stock Exchange page and saw that from 2:50 to 7:30 it changed by about $0.40.However, in between that time there may have been significant changes.Anyway I can’t wait to see you Monday morning in extra-help.

Sincerely,
    Isabelle Baginski

15. Dear Mr. Miller,
    After reading over my comment, I noticed that I didn’t capitalize the D in dear.

1. Dear Ben,

Do not forget to place your closing at the end of your post.

Sincerely, (Closing)
      Mr. Miller

16. dear Mr.Miller,
    I would like to challenge myself with the stock market game. It sounds very intriguing and I also want to learn about economy.

17. Dear Mr. Miller,

I would definitely like to be a part of the Stock Market Game. I feel this would can challenge but I am up for the challenge. This would be fun for me because I enjoy competition and math in general . I am also very excited to be a part of this.

Sincerely,
    Darien

18. Dear Mr. Miller,

Although it is very challenging, I would like to participate in the Stock Market Game. I am trying to work in many subjects, and economics is certainly one of them. I look forward to seeing who else joins.

Sincerely,
    Sam

19. Dear Mr.Miller,

I would like to participate in The Stock Market Games I feel it will be a fun and a amazing experience, and it will also give me a better understanding on how investing works.

Sincerely,
    Isabelle Baginski

20. Dear Mr.Miller,

I would like to challenge myself in the Stock Market Game with some of my peers. I think it would be a great opportunity to learn how the Economy works.

Sincerely,
    Julianna Tapler

21. Dear Mr.Miller,
    I remember in the 1st week or so you said how we are going to do the Stock Market Game.
    I was wondering when we would be doing the Stock Market Game. Also how you would be choosing the people for the game.
    Sincerely,
    Gianna Sacco

1. Dear Mr. Miller,
      I would also really like to be a part of the Stock Market Game.
      Sincerely,
      Samuel Lorenzo