Math

Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas. 

— Albert Einstien

math1

Number and Operations

math3

Math Manipulatives

Types of Numbers

Place Value Practice

Place Value Forms

Place Value Challenge

Expanded Form Matching

Multiplication Tables: Video

The Structure of an Exponent

Divisibility Video

Long Division Strategy: Video

Dividing using the Area Model

Finding Greatest Common Factor

Dividing Decimals

Spy Guys: Prime Factorization

Spy Guys: Volume

Order of Operations

Isometric Drawing Tool

Square Root

Algebra

math6

Geometry & Measuremnt

math5   math4

Measurement and Conversion Video 

Measurement Challenge

Circumference Review

Labeling a Circle Video (Khan Academy)

Problem Solving

math2

Coding

16 thoughts on “Math

1. Dear Mr. Miller/Peers,
    Hi Mr. Miller! I had a question, for the math learning opportunities. Are we supposed to write the application problems down in our math notebook?
    Also, I just noticed Kiersten had left a comment so now I will reply:
    Yes we need to get our presentation done soon and do you have a creed/motto for our state?
    Sincerely,
    Michael Russell
    [ P.S.] I know this is a bit late and I am sorry.]

2. Dear Mr. Miller/Peers,
    Sincerely,
    Michael Russell

3. Dear Peers,
    If you have any trouble on the Isometric Drawing, there is a link under math that shows you how to use the Isometric drawing tool. It is very helpful and I think that you could use it to help you solve the application problem.
    Sincerely,
    Olina Zheng
    PS. Try to use the blog more often to get your ideas across.

4. Dear Mr. Miller,
    When I was doing a Tenmarks assignment, for question ten my answer was 2,001.046. It said my answer was wrong. Ten, I read the explanation, and it showed me the answer that I put. Could you tell me why my answer was wrong.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony Jean-Baptiste

5. Dear Olina,
    I noticed in your last comment you said you were having trouble with fractions. If your looking for videos for fraction you can go on YouTube and search faction videos or you can go on safari and search fraction videos. I hope this will help you have a better understanding of fraction.
    Sincerely,
    Elizabeth Suda

1. Dear Elizabeth,
      When you were repeating Olina’s sentence you forgot to put quotation marks (“) at the beginning and end of the sentence.
      Sincerely,
      Anthony Jean-Baptiste

2. Dear Mr. Miller, Elizabeth, Olina and peers,
      In my last my I said that Elizabeth forgot quotation marks. I re-read the comment and I realized that Elizabeth was giving Olina advice. Please don’t mind my mistake. Also, I believe that I forgot a period at the end of my last sentence of my last comment.
      Sincerely,
      Anthony Jean-Baptiste

1. Dear Peers,
        In my last comment were I wrote in the math section, I said in my last my. I meant to write in my last comment.
        Sincerely,
        Anthony Jean-Baptiste

6. Dear Mr. Miller,
    I have a lot of difficulty on fractions so I was wondering if you have any videos available on the website. I was searching fractions on the website but nothing came up. I did go on the greatest common factor link because it is related to fractions but it didn’t show me how you do fractions. It only had fraction games. So if there is any videos on the website that would be helpful.
    Sincerely,
    Olina Zheng

7. Dear Mr. Miller,
    Thank you for showing me where the math video is.I found it on this page and the video was very helpful.Thank You!
    Sincerely,
    Olina Zheng

8. Dear Mr. Miller,
    You know how we learned about PEMDAS last week.I noticed that a girl from last year her name was Laina and she didn’t get the math PEMDAS but in her comment she explained that she didn’t understand PEMDAS but she watched a video.Laina also explained that once she watched the PEMDAS video she knew how to do the math.I was wondering if there is a video on our website that we could watch. If there is that would be helpful.Thank You.
    Sincerely,
    Olina

1. Dear Olina,

On this page you will find a link to a PEMDAS or Order of Operations video.

Sincerely,
      Mr. Miller

9. Dear Mr.Miller,

The PEMDAS video helped me a lot, and i’m not just saying this so you can thank me for writing a response. I’m say this because during the video I would pause it and try to understand the math you gave us (54-6)divided by 6+52 fifty two is an exponent. Now I understand PEMDAS and peers if you are reading my response I hope you too will watch the PEMDAS video even if you understand PEMDAS the video will give you a better understanding of PEMDAS.
    Sincerely,
    Laina Ryan 🙂

10. Dear Mr.Miller,

Sincerely,
    Laina Ryan : )

1. Dear Laina,

I am glad to know you found value in the video. However, make certain not to create run-on sentences when composing your post entry. When revising your work, you should assess where the best place to pause and stop would be. In addition, you are to always capitalize “I’m” when referring to yourself.

Sincerely,
      Mr. Miller

11. Dear Mr. Miller,
    I noticed that the picture at the top of the math page is of a geodesic structure. Also, Eratosthenes is below it.
    Sincerely,
    Sam