Word of the Day Sentence Repository

word_of_the_day

10 thoughts on “Word of the Day Sentence Repository

1. Dear Mr. Miller,

I have constructed a letter with instructions for next year’s Word Cloud group, and I wanted to see if you could check it.
    June 11, 2015

Dear Word Cloud 2015-2016 Members,

If you are reading this letter, it means that you have been appointed by Mr. Miller (or by the Word Cloud leader) to build off of our section of the Word Cloud. The class of 2013-2014 had many words up, but we didn’t feel that their connections were explained enough. Therefore, we decided to take all of the words down. Our system, with reasonings for words’ correlations, is a little more complex, but it shows a better understanding. We have kept their words, and used some of them, but most of their words are still in the Word Cloud folder for your usage.

In order to keep up the standard of our board, we have created some requirements for you to follow. The first requirement is that all cards that you make are written in cursive handwriting, just to keep up our standard. Second, all words must have a reasoning for their correlations, unless there is a genuine reason for a word not to have one.

We have also stapled on index cards to show our thinking so that you can build off of our work easier. Once you read them, you can remove the index cards. Our goal, is not to get caught up in one subject (although we did with atoms), and to extend onto other bulletin boards. If you continue to add on to our board, this goal be achieved.

Sincerely,
    Samuel Lorenzo
    (Word Cloud leader of 2014-2015)

Sincerely,
    Samuel Lorenzo

1. Dear Sam,

Thank you for the informative letter. It will serve the future Word Cloud leaders well. However, I will ask you to read over your last sentence and make the proper modification. As always, your effort and diligence is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
      Mr. Miller

2. Dear Mr. Miller,

I’m sorry that I haven’t been on the blog lately; I have had a very busy summer. I certainly haven’t forgot (most of) what I have learned in your class and I really believe that I am ready for middle school, which starts tomorrow.
      While preparing my supplies, I found the Word Cloud folder at my house. My sister will bring it in sometime this week. I am really looking forward to seeing what the World Cloud looks like after this year’s students are done with it.

Sincerely,
      Sam Lorenzo

1. Dear Sam,

Thank you for your efforts with the word cloud during your fifth grade year. Wishing you a wonderful sixth grade experience at Saxton Middle School.

All the Best,
        Mr. Miller

2. Dear class,
    I have constructed a sentence for inaleinable. The sentence is: Patrick Henry once said,” give me liberty or give me death,” today that is a really strong statement because liberty is an inaleinable right. You can see that this sentence is connected to human rights. Also, I just wanted to let you know I wrote Sean because this was a sentence I did independently when my cohort was on a different task.
    Sincerely,
    Sean

3. Dear Peers,

We have created a sentence that is “semi-concise” for the word “concise”. Our sentence is: The student who was in the Stock Market Game had to be very concise when buying stocks because he knew that the prices could go up in seconds. By reading this sentence, you can better understand the word “concise”. We hope this helps you with your usage of this vocabulary word.

Sincerely,
    Sean’s Sub-Cohort (Sean, Sam, Isabelle, and Kiara)

1. Dear Sean’s Sub Cohort,

What was it that the student was concise with ?

Sincerely,
      Mr. Miller

1. Dear Mr. Miller,

In our sentence, the student had to be concise with his math, so he wouldn’t have to keep starting over due to the changes in price.

Sincerely,
        Samuel L

4. Dear Class,

In our cohort, we have came up with a sentence that we believe you can benefit from, on the word “amend”. Our sentence is: NFL officials have made many amendments and improved the rules of football, such as one that states that each player is required to wear a certain amount of safety gear. Our context clue is “… and improved …”, because it helps the reader understand the word “amend” in a more manifest fashion.

Sincerely,
    Samantha’s First Trimester Sub-Cohort (Samantha, Sam, Samuel, Ethan, and Madelyn)

5. Dear Class,

We have constructed a sentence for the word “succinct” that we would like to share with you. Our sentence is: During the Gettysburg address, Abraham Lincoln’s speech was very succinct; it was over before the people knew it. Our context clue was: “… it was over before the people knew it.” This is our context clue because it helps the reader understand what “succinct” means. We hope you can amend/build off of our definition, and we also hope that it helps you create a stronger definition than the one you have now.

Sincerely,
    Mckenzie’s Cohort (Mckenzie, Sam, Hugo, and Josh)